Bioidentical hormone therapy (BHRT) is a long-term commitment. Therefore, before starting a BHRT program, patients need to understand the long-term monthly costs. Cost Hormone Replacement Treatment!
The overall out-of-pocket costs are going to vary from patient to patient because every treatment plan is customized to the specific medical condition of the patient, and insurance may pay for some portion of the treatment.
Doctors take into account individual symptoms, medical history, and medical risks before prescribing the proper treatments. These factors result in different medications, different doses, different blood panels, different vitamins, supplements, and minerals being prescribed. As a result, no two patients are ever the same. The cost components of BHRT are comprised of three primary components:
- Medical Services: These costs cover Doctor, Nurse and Staff communications
- Medication Costs: Medication costs will vary by the number of products and dosages
- Vitamin and Supplement Costs: Like medication, these costs will vary by the number of products and their dosages
- Blood Work: Lab Reports ordered by the Doctor
Assuming that the patient has no insurance coverage, the averages for these services are as follows:
- Medical Service costs are, on average, $200 per month
- Medication costs average $105 for men and $150 for females per month. The wide variation in medications, and their dosages, makes this cost the greatest variable (See article.)
- Vitamin and Supplement Costs: The cost of vitamins and supplements will vary by the number of products and their individual dosages. Most patients purchase vitamins and supplements from third party companies like GNC. Revita Medical has available for purchase higher quality products. If patients purchase all their vitamin and supplement from Revita Medical the cost is on average $75 per month,
- Blood Work costs average $250 for the initial tests and $175 for subsequent draws, which are done normally every six weeks.
Most insurance companies will cover the blood work, but will not cover BHRT services or medications because it is considered proactive health care. However, every plan is different and some will cover portions of BHRT treatment. The average coverage that Revita Medical has seen is as follows:
- Medical Services: Zero to 50%
- Medication Costs: Zero to 50%
- Vitamin and Supplement Costs: Zero
- Blood Work: Zero to 100%
Health Saving Plans (HSA) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) are always an option for all patients to use.
On average, the out-of-pocket cost for men is $305 and for females, $350 per month. This assumes that 100% of the lab cost is covered by insurance, and that none of the medical services or prescription medication costs are covered. It also assumes that patients will purchase vitamins and supplements outside of Revita.
Vitamin and Supplement Costs:
The cost of vitamins and supplements will vary by the number of products and their individual dosages. Most patients purchase vitamins and supplements from third party companies like GNC. Revita Medical has available for purchase higher quality products. If patients purchase all their vitamin and supplement from Revita Medical the cost is normally between $50 and $150 per month.
The Proactive Healthcare Plan™ is a proactive approach to addressing health issues that are commonly associated with aging.
Ninety percent of adult illnesses result from the degenerative processes of aging. This includes heart disease, most cancers, adult-onset diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, autoimmune disease, glaucoma, and Alzheimer’s. With early detection, The Proactive Healthcare Plan™, and appropriate intervention, most of these diseases can be prevented, cured, or have their downward course reversed.
A Proactive Healthcare Plan™
Age Management medicine, also referred to as anti-aging medicine or The Proactive Healthcare Plan™, is based on the very early detection, prevention, and reversal of age-related diseases. It is the newest clinical medical specialty—the “optimum” of wellness and longevity—and employs extensive treatments in the preventive health care field, far beyond just cholesterol testing and mammograms.
Within the last 100 years, the average lifespan has doubled. The medical community has now developed ways to ensure the second half of our lives is just as rewarding, happy and healthy as the first. This is a profound paradigm shift in the way the medical field views aging and age-related disease and Revita is at the forefront of this movement—using only the best evidence-based and effective treatments, improving overall health and wellness.
Learn More About Our Services and How You Can Start Feeling Better Today!
Contact Us: (704) 847-0011
Are you suffering from any of the following symptoms?